- 02 Aug 2017
6 Tips To Achieve Clear Complexion
Are you still trying to cover up your blemishes, hyper-pigmentation marks with heavy makeup and concealer. I've come up with my fail-proof tips on how to achieve clear complexion.
1. Oil Cleansing - The method of using oils to cleanse, purify and heal your skin. Opt for light oils that work to cleanse the skin naturally like a small amount of castor oil (cleansing oil) + safflower oil (rich in omega-fatty acids, linoleic acid that work to unclog pores and encourage skin cell regeneration). It also doubles as a makeup remover.
2. Eat clean - With your skin being the largest organ in the body, what you eat reflects on your skin. So, skip and minimize eating fried food, process meats, excess amount of dairy and sugar. Opt for more fresh fruits, raw vegetables, leafy green salads, nuts and green smoothie drinks. A great book that goes more in detail about the connection between food and skin is by my gal pal Jolene Hart called Eat Pretty.
3. Clean Make-up Brushes - Dirty makeup brushes + your face = buildup of dirt and oils. It's a breeding ground for bacteria, clogged pores, and blemishes.So be sure to clean your brushes once a week.
4. Get active - I'm a firm believer that living a healthy lifestyle contributes to healthy glowing happy skin. Getting active helps reduce stress, release endorphin's and release toxins out of the body. Go for a run, ride a bike, do power yoga, heck, climb a tree. Whatever you do stay active and sweat. Your body and you skin will thank you.
Our Clear Skin Companions
5. Healthy-skin food. If you are feeding your skin toxin-filled ingredients that block moisture, clog pores then it's a never-ending struggle to fix a problem that you are only aiding. Avoid ingredients like parabens, silicone, petroleum, phthalates just to name a few. These preservatives or cheap fillers ingredients are in just about every mainstream cosmetic product that claims to help the cause but in actuality, they clog pores, block moisture and force your skin to work twice as hard to process the chemicals out of your body. Try using products that work to help to resolve the problem and allow your skin to breathe like our Balancing Face Serum formulated with a light oils that your skin will absorb filled with potent ingredients that encourage cell regeneration, feed your skin nutrients like beta-carotene, zinc vitamin A, K AND E. The combination of the ingredients work to naturally lighten dark spot and feed your skin while it's repairing. Paired with our Clarifying Green Smoothie Face Masque and Scrub that's formulated to draw out dirt, oils and impurities from the skin and gently remove dead skin on the top layer of the skin. Mineral and magnesium-rich Dead Sea Salt gently exfoliates dead skin, soothe inflamed skin. The Tamanu, Rosemary essential oil feed the skin the proper amount of nutrients need to heal the skin from the outside in. While the lime acts as an antimicrobial to disinfects skin.
6. Drink water. If your skin isn't getting the right amount of hydration your skin it becomes apparent through dry skin, discoloration, wrinkles and flaky. To maintain a healthy radiant complexion drink water period.
Our beauty collection features a mix and match element that is key for the modern day woman. Striving to help women of all skin types slay at their beauty regimen, this collection gives women the autonomy to incorporate these products into their already existing beauty routine and use them to amplify their favorite go-to products.
Click on skin type to be directed to skin to collection.
One more thing, be sure to love your skin from head to toe. Remember to smile, laugh and be good to yourself. True beauty comes from within.
If any of these tips were helpful. Leave a comment below. Or if you have your own tips on how to maintain a clear healthy complexion. Leave a comment as well.